The coaching process helps people reach goals by overcoming personal obstacles. It empowers individuals by creating realistic, actionable items and a sense of accountability.
Changes come in many forms: new countries and languages, new relationships, new careers. Some changes are sought out and some are thrust upon us. Sometimes the change is the culture itself and other times the change is simply occurring against a backdrop of cultural differences. We believe that people have both the potential and the power to effectuate positive change. Change is hard; motivation isn’t always sufficient and trying isn’t always enough. Our energy is best spent on taking a series of smart and achievable actions toward the goals that we want to realize.
What does our coaching process look like?
- An initial assessment to clarify objectives around personal or professional development
- The creation of a development plan for critical skills and behaviors that need to be acquired or enhanced for maximum effectiveness
- Access to cutting edge resources to support the mindshifting process, challenge limiting beliefs, and promote thinking around personal obstacles
- Action-oriented learning whereby the client commits to actions each week in order to embed new ways of cultural thinking, being, and relating
- Weekly accountability to ensure that the learning “sticks” and results are achieved
Why executive coaching is beneficial: Even the most talented leaders encounter specific workplace challenges, obstacles that can seem insurmountable, or blind spots that often grow out of great strengths. Executive coaching is a confidential partnership, between you and the coach, that creates the opportunity to deepen awareness of blockages, implement new skills and behaviors, and design a sustainable plan to move forward with positive change over the long-term. Whether it’s figuring out how to successfully adapt to a new professional environment, working toward a promotion, communicating appropriately, or leading with purpose across the organization, executive coaching helps you gain clarity, problem-solve from within, and realize your highest potential in order to exceed expectations on performance and results.
Who benefits from our executive coaching: Global leaders and expatriates who want to recalibrate their mindset so that they can easily manage the complexity, uncertainty, and challenges presented by working in an international environment
Specific goals of executive coaching: Through powerful questioning, reflection, and focus, you develop new perspectives on:
- Cultural understanding (national, organizational, generational)
- Navigating new organizations
- Leadership styles
- Relationship, team, and trust building
- Communication patterns and skills
- Internal and external networking
- Self-confidence and self-awareness
- 360 feedback assessments and debriefs
- Leadership shadowing and debriefs
Results: You grow into your fullest leadership potential by leveraging strengths and closing knowledge gaps in the professional environment. To read about some of our coaching success stories, click here.
Why career coaching is beneficial: Finding the next career opportunity or exploring alternative career options requires support, especially in a new country. Career coaching provides a hands-on structured approach to navigating the professional marketplace including assessing skills and priorities, learning how to pitch yourself, developing a local network on and offline, and creating masterful cover letters, resumes, and LinkedIn profiles that position you to succeed with job applications. With an understanding of what you bring to the marketplace in your new reality, you build the confidence to reinvent your brand in a culturally and business relevant way.
Who benefits from our career coaching: Expatriates in the US who are looking to continue their current career path or explore new opportunities
Specific goals of career coaching: Through the career coaching process, you develop:
- Clarity around professional values and priorities
- Resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles aligned to US standards
- Resources for identification of job opportunities and industry networking
- Effective interview preparation and communication skills
- Best practices for negotiations
Results: An insightful journey along a new or existing career path that equips you with all of the self-confidence and practical tools you need to reaffirm, reassess, or reinvent your professional purpose. To read about some of our coaching success stories, click here.
Why personal coaching is beneficial: When it comes to international relocations, as an expatriate, you often don’t truly know what to expect until you are in the thick of it. Many areas of your world that were previously aligned are now out of sync. The changes can create a feeling of internal and external chaos. Whether you feel lost upon arrival in your new country or are wanting to explore new opportunities in your life, the personal coaching process challenges you to explore the options available to you in areas such as building relationships, personal development, or simply fun and creativity. You take control over the process of increasing the overall contentment and balance in your world.
Who benefits from personal coaching: Expatriates who want to recalibrate their mindset so that they can easily manage the complexity, uncertainty, and personal challenges presented by living in an international environment
Specific goals of personal coaching: Through assessments, dialogue, and appreciative inquiry, you develop new perspectives on:
- Overall balance among the distinct areas of your life
- Values and priorities
- Positive and/or self-defeating behavior patterns
- A vision for moving forward with measurable goals and actions
Results: Powerful insights and aha moments lead you to more closely align actions and values for optimum happiness and fulfillment. To read about some of our coaching success stories, click here.
Why mentor coaching is beneficial: From a neuroscience perspective, both coaches’ and clients’ earliest life experiences and interactions forged strong neural pathways in their brains at a very young age and created a “social autopilot”. If we grew up in a single culture environment, we learned how to behave successfully in that culture, but not necessarily in another one. Strengths in one culture may often be deficits in another culture, or vice-versa, and this is where it becomes critical to have self-awareness around cultural beliefs and personal behavioral styles.
Who benefits from our mentor coaching: Coaches who work with international clients and want to understand the impact of cultural differences on the coaching process.
Specific goals of mentor coaching: We help coaches to:
- Generate self-awareness around their own mental mind maps to see how they may differ from those of their international clients
- Recognize and adjust communication, decision-making, leadership, relationship-building, and feedback styles that vary from culture to culture
- Take conscious action to develop the competencies necessary to ensure that their coaching remains relevant and impactful regardless of their setting
Results: Coaches who are culturally savvy and able to maximize both market potential and effectiveness with the widest range of clients possible. To read about some of our coaching success stories, click here.