December 10, 2015
The eighth wonders of the world: dating and relationships. Even in their most basic form, they test our resiliency: we are forced to ask many questions (to our friends, our family, ourselves), consider our intuition (even listen to it on occasion), and constantly (hopefully) learn from experience.
Dating across cultures oftentimes ups the challenges as we open the door to the possibility that another person’s behaviors are culturally driven. “Culture” can become anything from a reason to a rationale to an excuse to a scapegoat to a barrier in an already emotionally clouded situation!
In this 60-minute session led by trainer and coach Jamie Gelbtuch, we will realistically assess the complexity that cultural differences may bring to a relationship, look at several types of intercultural partners, and co-design strategies for effectively managing challenges specific to dating across cultures. Come prepared to share personal experiences and gain clarity about some of the myths (positive and negative) surrounding intercultural dating.
This is for…
- Those who have dated, are currently dating, or are considering dating someone from another culture
- UG and Graduate students
- College administrators, especially those in multicultural affairs, international students/scholars and study abroad
- This session will take place on December 10th at 10 pm eastern.
- This session is approximately 60 minutes. It will be recorded, so please don’t worry if you cannot attend the live session.
- This will be a webinar. You will be able to chat with the presenters (and your colleagues who register) via a chat space.
- This webinar includes the live session and the recording, and a resource guide.
- The fee is $21 for individuals.
- There is a discounted group rate! If you want to register a group, please register and indicate this. You will receive a separate invoice for the group rate! The group fee is only $59.