October 8, 2015
We live and work across cultures on a daily basis, but what IS culture? If you are curious to learn more about the basics of cultural theory and how it has changed over time, this webinar is for you. In this 90 minute session, trainer and coach Jamie Gelbtuch will introduce the concept of culture, how we teach and understand it today, review how some methods have changed over time, and offer some of the “big names” in cultural theory. We’ll look at a couple of specific intercultural tools so that you can consider how they can be applied to work and life scenarios. We will allow plenty of time for Q&A too. This session also includes a resource guide of recommended reading. This session will be interactive, so plan for an informative and exciting 90 minutes!
This is for…
- Anyone who wants to better understand cultural theory
- UG and Graduate students
- College administrators, especially those in multicultural affairs, international students/scholars and study abroad
- Travelers and travel writers
- Those who lead groups abroad
- Anyone working across cultures
- Anyone who has studied or spent time abroad
- Job seekers who need to explain culture in a more descriptive manner
- This is a great session for a lunch and learn for your team
- This session will take place on October 8, 2015 at 1 pm eastern.
- This session is approximately 90 minutes. It will be recorded, so please don’t worry if you cannot attend the live session.
- This will be a webinar. You will be able to chat with the presenters (and your colleagues who register) via a chat space.
- This webinar includes the live session and the recording, and a resource guide.
- The fee is $37 for individuals.
- There is a discounted group rate of $97. If you want to register a group, please register and indicate this. You will receive a separate invoice for the group rate!
“Jamie’s presentation was top notch.” – B.M, Finland
“Great webinar! This helped me to reflect on my own style of communication and how I interact with those around me in all facets of life, from the workplace, to travel, to inter-personal relationships. This webinar inspires me to learn more about cultural theory. The presentation had a wonderful flow and organization, mix of visuals and text, and was very easy to follow. Jamie spoke clearly and at a good pace.” – E. F., USA
“A lot of information in a small amount of time. Deep enough to keep it interesting.” – Y.K., The Netherlands